Monday, March 26, 2012

Boulder, Colorado - Day 68

On a recent trip to Boulder, I stopped at the scenic overlook off the highway going into Boulder. This was my first glimpse of the land of my ancestors several years ago and I fell in love with it. Below you can see NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research) nestled into the foot of the flatirons.


In the picture below, off to the right, the reddish buildings are the University of Colorado campus.

Now for some fun. As I pulled in I noticed much activity in the fields adjacent to the overlook. The prairie dogs were out in force and quickly notified each other to run for cover as I pulled in. I had so much fun snapping pictures after waiting for them to come back out and resume their activities that I almost forgot to take the above pictures!

As you can see, they have not gone hungry this winter.


 
March 8

No comments:

Post a Comment