Monday, May 28, 2012

Fort Lewis, Washington Military Museum - Day 131

Today I stopped at the Fort Lewis Military Museum (Washington State) on the way to Eugene, Oregon. Grandpa was stationed here during WWI. They are undergoing a major renovation and don't have all of their displays back up and ready for the public just yet but I enjoyed the displays they do have available.



I recognize many of these toy soldiers from childhood visits to the grandparents house in Cheney and have run across some of them while going through the many boxes from The Family Home.


Now I know what a Victory Pin looks like. I'm keeping my eyes open for it as we sort through boxes.


The outdoor display had many mean looking vehicles and missiles. The plaque for this photo says:
U.S. M1918 Howitzer on M1917A4 carriage
"155MM" Howitzer
World War I Era
May 10

©2012 Michelle Goodrum

No comments:

Post a Comment